- This covered freight wagon is used for the transportation of cold steel coils placed in special cradles.
- The coils are protected against environmental conditions by a tarpaulin, which can be opened at both wagon ends. The tarpaulin provides that 2/3 of the wagon can be opened.
- The wagon is accessible for loading/unloading from the top and from the sides by industrial cranes and lifts.
- The wagon design meets the requirements of TSI, EN, UIC standards and has TEN GE marking for traffic operation.
- The wagon is equipped with a patented cargo protection system type ECSS – Efficient Coil Security System. The arms can be controlled from one side, without having to move to the other side of the wagon.
- The mechanism of the arms’ drive is based on a differential.
The underframe complies with EN 12663-2 and UIC 530-1 provisions for the mounting of an Automatic Coupler.
|Characteristics||Cradle 1||Cradle 2||Cradle 3||Cradle 4||Cradle 5|
|Min. ø of coil [mm]||1,000||800||1,000||800||1,000|
|Max. ø of coil [mm]||2,250||1,700||2,700||1,700||2,250|
|Max. weight of coil [t]||34/36||17||45||17||34/36|
AdvantagesReduced tare weight (19,3 t).
Simplified service of the wagon.
Simplified arm operation – Reduction in time for cargo protection / release.
Recycling friendly materials used for the arms and sheathing of front walls.
Electric arm drive possible (Automated load securing / releasing process) – then:
- Number of arms: 20 pcs. (it can operate with 12 pcs. or 16 pcs.)
- Min. loading width ca. 470 mm, max. loading width ca. 2,100 mm
Note: The descriptions provided herein are for general information purposes only.