Shimmns S10B | 4-axle coil steel product wagon
- This covered freight wagon is used for the transportation of cold steel coils placed in special cradles.
- The coils are protected against environmental conditions by a tarpaulin, which can be rolled at both wagon ends. The tarpaulin provides that 2/3 of the wagon can be opened.
- The wagon is accessible for loading/unloading from the top and from the sides by industrial cranes and lifts.
- The wagon frame is made in accordance to the new, patented WS (EP 1 298 022) standard, which has a lighter, optimized construction, carrying loads up to 100 tons.
- The wagon is equipped with patented mechanisms for operation of the arms (222981), which can be controlled from one side, without having to go to the other side of the wagon.
- The wagon design meets the requirements of TSI, EN, UIC standards and has TEN GE marking for traffic operation.
|Characteristics||Cradle 1||Cradle 2||Cradle 3||Cradle 4||Cradle 5|
|Max. ø of coil [mm]||2,250||1,700||2,700||1,700||2,250|
|Min. ø of coil [mm]||1,000||800||1,000||800||1,000|
|Max. weight of coil [t]||36||17||45||17||36|
The wagon is equipped with an advanced system for conditioning monitoring and GPS trackings. This system communicates back to the operators via an internet portal. The Energy required to operate the system is generated by an axle generator in combination with a battery. The system transfers the data of the current weight of each wheel and temperatures of axles and bearings. Seven lamps are mounted on the board signaling the current load information to the required people. The system includes sensors for acceleration and retardation in order to gather information for diagnostic purposes both while driving or at standstill, e.g.: impacts during shunting. A GPS Antenna permanently receives an accurate positional signal which is transferred via GSM to the wagon tracker portal. Each wagon can be monitored in real time.
- Reduced tare weight.
- Simplified service of the wagon.
- Sensor system for receiving information:
geographical location, cargo, speed, temperature.
Note: The descriptions provided herein are for general information purposes only.