- This covered freight wagon is used for the transportation of cold steel coils placed in special cradles.
- The coils are protected against environmental conditions by a tarpaulin, which can be rolled at
both wagon ends. The tarpaulin provides that 2/3 of the wagon can be opened.
- The wagon is accessible for loading/unloading from the top and from the sides by industrial
cranes and lifts.
- The wagon design meets the requirements of TSI, EN, UIC standards and has TEN GE marking
for traffic operation.
- The wagon is equipped with cargo protection system type ECSS – Efficient Coil Security System. Arms can be controlled from one side, without having to go to the other side of the wagon.
Mechanism of the arms drive is based on differential. System copyright
- Underframe comply with EN 12663-2 and UIC 530-1 provisions for mounting of Automatic Coupler
|Loading Cradles||Cradle 1||Cradle 2||Cradle 3||Cradle 4||Cradle 5|
|Min. ø of coil [mm]||1,000||800||1,000||800||1,000|
|Max. ø of coil [mm]||2,250||1,700||2,700||1,700||2,250|
|Max. weight of coil [t]||34||17||45||17||34|
- Reduced tare weight (19,3t)
- Simplified service of the wagon
- Simplified arm operation – Reduction in time for cargo protect/release
- Recycling friendly materials used of the arms and sheathing of front walls
- Electric arm drive possible (Automated load securing / releasing process) – then:
- number of arms 16 pcs (or 12pcs, or 20pcs)
- min loading width ca. 470 mm , max. loading width ca. 2,100 mm
Note: The descriptions provided herein are for general information purposes only.